aegee-milter is distributed by its author in source code. To install the software the manual describes the specifics on compiling aegee-milter. The reader is supposed to have general knowledge on compiling software with autoconf.
The dependencies are both build-time and run-time dependencies: at build time, the corresponding headers must be present.
- (required) libmilter to connect aegee-milter with the MTA (sendmail or postfix). libmilter is part of sendmail.
- (required) Glib for reading the configuration file
- (optional) liblistserv, memcached and libmemcached to remove subscribers from listserv mailing lists on received ARF report, needed by the ARF module
- (optional) Cyrus Imap to execute Sieve scripts and for the ARF module. Only version 3.0 is tested: 3.1 was never tested and 2.5 has worked good at some moment in the past without known problems.
Patches in contrib/
- Sendmail does some validations on the milter protocol, which validations do not permit to execute PRDR. A patch lifts these limitations.
- Cyrus Imap does not install some headers files in $(prefix)/include, necessary to compile aegee-milter: lib/libconfig.h, lib/prot.h, lib/ptrarray.h, lib/util.h, lib/byteorder64.h, imap/conversations.h, imap/mailbox.h, imap/message.h, imap/message_guid.h, imap/quota.h, imap/sequence.h, sieve/grammar.h, sieve/varlist.h.
struct conversations_open *open_conversations from conversation.h to conversations.c. This patch is included in Cyrus Imap 3.0.12.
- RFC 5429 Sieve Email Filtering: Reject and Extended Reject Extensions does not recommend to permit using ereject or reject with the actions "keep", "fileinto" and "redirect".